FAQS and Income Tax Assistant (ITA)
Find out the procedures for renewing an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Your Account on IRS.gov
IRS Forms, Instructions & Publications
How to Use the IRS Withholding Estimator
Estimated Tax Payments
- An audit report from TIGTA says taxpayers would benefit if the IRS used digital communications tools appropriately. The IRS challenged much of the audit report, including saying that TIGTA didn’t […]
- Proposed foreign tax credit regulations provide guidance on the reattribution asset rule for purposes of allocating and apportioning foreign taxes, the cost recovery requirement, and the application of the source-based […]
- The statement says ID.me inflated the amount of work it could provide and the amount of federal dollars lost to pandemic fraud, the latter in an effort to increase demand […]
- The IRS Advisory Council issued a report Wednesday that emphasized recurring themes such as the need for consistent and multiyear funding and the importance of effective communication with taxpayers.
- In October, the IRS said it would leave Free File open for an extra month, until Thursday, so eligible taxpayers can claim their share of several benefits including the 2021 […]
- National Taxpayer Advocate Erin Collins writes on her blog that there’s little time left for the IRS to clear its backlog by end of 2022 as the IRS commissioner promised […]